Hilliard Music Boosters
Our purpose and mission is to assist in providing funds for musical equipment, uniforms, and any other needs of the music programs. There are many different ways to volunteer throughout the year.
Meetings are held on a monthly basis during the school year, and are conducted at the “Chapter Level” (i.e. Darby, Davidson, and Bradley). Check the calender for your Chapters dates and activities.
By becoming an active member of the Hilliard Music Boosters or attending booster meetings, you will have first hand knowledge about what is going on with the music programs and your student. Your involvement and assistance will allow the music programs to continue the great achievements and growth that we have experienced the past few years.
No Problem! The Boosters understand the importance of other family obligations. Not everyone can be there for everything. However, we do hope that each family can volunteer throughout the year. By doing this, we will not only be able to provide everything needed for our students, but we will also share in the responsibilities and show our support.
There are many opportunities during the year to help. Here are just a few activities that need adult volunteers:
Adult volunteers assist the programs (Band, Choir, and Orchestra) to state competitions. Some programs like the Band, have fall activities that include football games and band competitions. Duties can include serving water, helping with uniforms and instruments, and help ensure the safety of all students.
Percussion Pit Crew (Band):
During football half-time performances and competitions, the percussion equipment must be moved on and off the field in a timely manner. Volunteers are also needed to drive the trailers to all band activities. Students can always use more help in loading and unloading the equipment.
Athletic Event Concessions (All):
All of the field sports concessions are staffed by boosters. It a great way to raise money for the boosters, meet other parents, and have fun.
Fund Raising and Ways and Means (All:)
Each year, the boosters organize activities to raise funds for the general music and student accounts. Fund raisers include the Hilliard Band Invitational, Kroger Cards, and any other opportunities that may arise.
That’s the easy part! Plan to attend any Booster meeting or speak with any Booster Officer. We will be glad to answer any questions you have.
Hilliard City Schools requires volunteers to renew their identification badges every five years. Volunteers who obtained a badge prior to December 31, 2006 will need an updated background check along with a new badge no later than June 2011.
The Hilliard City Schools Department of Human Resources will perform all background checks at the district’s Central Office, located at 2140 Atlas Street, Columbus, OH. They accept walk-ins Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m., except during Winter Break, Spring Break and Summer Break when volunteer background checks are by appointment only. Appointments for other times are accepted by contacting the Department of Human Resources at 614-921-7124.
The cost for a background check is $9, through IntelliCorp. If you have not lived in Ohio for at least five years, a nationwide background check, which is $18, is required. The volunteer badge is included in this cost. If you have had a BCI/FBI background check done within the last 12 months and have a copy of the results, you may submit those to us and receive a volunteer badge for a $2 charge. Lost ID cards may be replaced for a $2 fee. You may pay by cash, check or credit/debit card (Visa or MasterCard only).
Kroger Gift Card
- Purchase your Gift Card from the Hilliard Music Boosters for $10.00. The card is preloaded with $10.00, so there is no cost to participate.
- When you shop at any of the above stores – before paying for your purchases – reload your Kroger Gift Card for any amount up to $250.
- Then pay for your purchases using your Gift Card.
- HMB will only receive credit on cards purchased through us, so don’t buy additional cards from the stores.
You can purchase additional cards for yourself, friends and family.
- Download an order form on the website, and complete.
- Mail the form, along with $10.00 to:
Hilliard Music Boosters
Attn: Kroger Card Program
P.O. Box 681
Hilliard, OH 43026
- Your Gift Card can be reloaded at the cash register prior to any of your purchases being scanned.
- Note: This must be done in a separate transaction before checking out – but it only takes a few seconds.
- Your Gift Card may also be reloaded at the Customer Service Desk.
- Most times, the funds are immediately available.
- The Gift Card can be reloaded using cash, check or major credit card.
- Use your Gift Card to purchase any merchandise in-store, as allowed by law, with the exception of Courtesy Desk Services. Courtesy Desk Services include money orders, lottery tickets, stamps, hunting/fishing licenses, and Western Union.
- You may also use your Gift Card at the Kroger Fuel Centers.
- The balance on your card will show at the bottom of your receipt.
- You may also obtain your balance at the customer service desk, the cashier, or by calling 866-822-6252 (this number is located on the back of your card).
- You can reload a zero balance Gift Card to add value within 90 days. A zero balance card is inactivated after 90 days, cannot be reloaded, and should be discarded. You can also reload any active card as described above.
- No, as long as value remains on the card.
- However, if a Gift Card has a zero balance for longer than 90 days, the Gift Card will become inactive and value can no longer be loaded onto the card.